I went to a holiday party tonight. It went better than the one on Saturday. I met nice people working in entertainment. Many of them had similar advice about my career search: talk to people in the area I want to work in, and try to get a job either in diversity in a different industry or at an entertainment company in a different department. All good advice, though not easy to implement.
I also had a coffee meeting, which reminded me to follow the tenets espoused in The Tao of Pooh: follow the flow of life instead of trying to force people into situations. I need to allow success to find me, instead of attempting to make things happen unnaturally. It's hard because I am a driven person who likes to make things happen by actively pursuing what I want. It's not in my nature to wait for something to magically appear.
No comments:
Post a Comment