Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Tuesday, Nov 17, 2015

I read the title of an article today on Lifehacker: The Best Way to Reach Your Goals May Be Publicly Recording Your Progress.

It inspired me to create this blog. As if I don't have enough blogs to maintain.

I haven't even read the article yet.

Since March of this year, I have been on a career search to secure a position as a Director of Diversity at an entertainment company or a media foundation. I set a deadline of reaching that goal: December 1, 2015. I'm not there yet.

I have the skills, the determination, and the chutzpah. But I don't have the position.

This blog will help. It's public, so other people will see it and expect something new from me.

I will write each day, ideally for 10 minutes total, documenting something I have done that day to help me achieve my goal of working as an executive in Diversity & Inclusion in Media & Entertainment.

Here's something I did today: I started this blog.

I also tweeted a bunch over here.

And I shared the article I wrote on Monday with my colleagues on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter: Less white men. More Asian women. Now.

I also went to coffee with a nice person.

That's a lot of stuff for one day, but I forget. I often focus on the fact that I don't have a job in Diversity in Entertainment yet. I don't look at all the stuff and things I do each day that are productive in helping me achieve my goals.

This blog should help.

If you readers have constructive suggestions, please share them in the comments. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment