Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday, Nov 19, 2015

Strategic tweeting is my thing. I compose a (usually) complimentary post about someone or something I enjoy, including their name and/or a hashtag in the text. Then someone, hopefully that person, likes and/or retweets my post. Then, if I'm lucky, someone else likes the post and/or follows me.

This process, which I started this spring, has led to a 300% increase in Twitter followers over the past eight months. Coolness. I'm proud of myself, not only because the process has led to moderate success, but also because it's genuine. I don't write, or say, things I don't mean. If I like someone else's web series or website or podcast or TV show or movie or article or joke or pithy statement, then I will look for ways to both tell them I like it and share it with others.

I like connecting people to other people or places or things they will enjoy. That's one of the reasons I want to work as a director of diversity: to connect artists and other creative people to available resources, including each other. 

I strategically tweeted today. I did something valuable. And nice, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment